2021 Spring English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies Tests
New! Spring 2021 Test Administration
Preparations for the spring test administration are proceeding on schedule. Districts will schedule their fifteen-consecutive school-day test administration for English language arts March 22-April 23
, and their fifteen-consecutive school-day test administration for mathematics, science and social studies March 29-May 7.
Make-up testing must be completed within the district’s fifteen consecutive school-day test windows.
Traditionally, “consecutive school days” have been considered as “days when school is in session.” In order to provide flexibility, the Ohio Department of Education (Department) is clarifying the fifteen-consecutive school day requirement for the spring 2021 test administrations.
- Hybrid Models: In hybrid models, a district may determine that a “consecutive school day” could apply when students are physically present in the building. Days when students are attending remotely will not count toward the fifteen-consecutive days. This flexibility may be applied to each cohort. For example, if the district has a Cohort A attending school Monday and Tuesday, and Cohort B attending school Thursday and Friday, with alternating Wednesdays, Cohort A may have a fifteen-consecutive school day window, and Cohort B may also have a separate fifteen-consecutive school day window, only counting the days where the students are physically present in the building.
- Remote Models: Districts are encouraged to establish a fifteen-consecutive day window to test students learning remotely to the extent possible. Students who are attending school remotely will only have days counted when students are in the buildings to test. This window may be different from students attending school in-person or through a hybrid model.
New! Pre-ID Window
The Pre-ID window is open in TIDE
under the Ohio’s State Tests 2020-2021 administration. Districts and schools must Pre-ID their students who are participating in the spring 2021 test administration with the appropriate subject mode field set to “O” for online or “P” for paper.
Districts and schools whose students are using paper tests and who wish to receive printed Pre-ID labels must set the subject mode field to “P” and submit their Pre-ID data in TIDE
by Feb. 1
New! On-Time Order Window
The On-time Order window will be open in TIDE Jan. 26-Feb. 1.
District test coordinators will place orders under the “Paper Orders HS EOC Spring 2021” test administration in TIDE. All orders are subject to Department approval.
To access the Orders task, district test coordinators must:
- Confirm their contact information and shipping addresses under the Contact Info task. District test coordinators who wish to update their shipping addresses must contact the Ohio Help Desk at 1-877-231-7809 to request a change.
- Enter their pick-up dates for scorable materials under the Supplemental Information task and click [SAVE] in order to have an automatic pick-up date scheduled. If they do not know their pick-up date, they should leave the date blank and click [SAVE]. They then will need to schedule a UPS pickup following the instructions in the Supplemental Instructions for Paper Testing manual.
- Enter the quantity requested in the Search for Orders section and click [SAVE]. Then enter a reason for the requested materials in the Comments box that will appear. All orders are subject to Department approval.
New! Score Report Labels
The window for districts to request a set of spring 2021 Ohio’s State Tests score report labels is Jan. 26-May 7.
To request labels, the district test coordinator must access the Score Report Label Requests task in the Ohio State Tests 2020-2021 administration in TIDE, select “Yes” and click save. All districts automatically receive printed Family Reports.
New! On-time Order Window and Spring Administration
The spring 2021 on-time order window will be open in TIDE Jan. 26-Feb. 1
to place orders for students who will be using paper materials. The English language arts tests will be administered March 22-April 23. The administration of mathematics, science and social studies tests will occur March 29-May 7.