Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment (OELPA)
New! OELPA 2021 Administration
Districts and schools are encouraged to review the Test Coordinator Manual
regarding test administration procedures and incorporate them into the planned training. The following are a few of the test administration policies and procedures:
- Maintain health and safety procedures before, during and after the test administration;
- The OELPA must be administered in person and cannot be administered remotely;
- Domain tests may be administered one per day or multiple per day and may be scheduled in any order;
- Mark domain exemptions before testing and at least one domain test must be administered;
- Be aware of student name and SSID to ensure that both match the domain test grade band; and
- Districts and schools should begin testing early in the test window to ensure all students can be tested before the test window closes.
New! OELPA Test Administration Manual
The OELPA Test Administration Manual for online testing has been updated for the spring 2021 test administration and is now posted under Resources on the test portal.
The OELPA Test Coordinator Manual (TCM)
for the spring 2021 test administration also is available under Resources on the test portal
OELPA Materials for Paper Accommodations
Paper materials ordered and approved by the Department during the OELPA paper order window in November will arrive in districts the week of Jan. 18
. Districts that preidentified their students with a test mode of “P” for paper by Nov. 13 will receive their preprinted Pre-ID labels the week of Jan. 18
The additional order window opens in TIDE
on Jan. 20
. All orders are subject to Department approval. District test coordinators will place orders under the “Paper Orders OELPA Spring 2021” Administration task in TIDE. A reason is required for the paper request in the comments field.
To access the Orders task, district test coordinators must first confirm their contact information and shipping addresses under the Verify Contact Information task. District test coordinators who wish to update their shipping addresses must contact the Ohio Help Desk at 1-877-231-7809 to request changes.