Accessibility for Ohio’s State Tests
Revised Assessment Accommodations for English Learners
It’s important for all Ohio students to receive an equal opportunity to earn their high school diploma and the supports needed to reach this goal. The Ohio Department of Education (Department) commits to providing these supports for national origin minority English learners. Ohio offers English learners multiple ways to meaningfully engage with and demonstrate their content knowledge. In doing so, the state provides specific accommodations on state tests, especially those that do not test English language proficiency.
This page includes information and resources related to accommodations on state assessments.
Ohio's State Tests
Ohio’s Accessibility Manual is a comprehensive policy document providing information about the accessibility features of Ohio’s State Tests for grades 3-8 and high school in English language arts, mathematics, science and social studies. The manual helps to define the specific accessibility features available for all students, students with disabilities, students who are English learners and students who are English learners with disabilities. Ohio’s Accessibility System features are made up of accommodations for students with disabilities and English learners as well as other features including administrative considerations, universal tools and designated supports.
Ohio Accessibility Manual
- Appendix A - Accessibility Features for Students Taking Ohio’s State Tests on Paper
- Appendix B - Decision-Making Tool for Reading Access Accommodation
- Appendix C - Protocol for Scribing and Transcribing Student Responses
- Appendix D - Assistive Technology Guidelines
- Appendix E - Emergency Accommodation Form
- Appendix F - Guidelines and Glossary for Sign Language Interpreters
- Appendix G - Speech-to-Text (Dictation) Guidelines
- Appendix H - Non-Disclosure Agreement for for Accommodations on Ohio's State Tests
English Language Proficiency Assessments (OELPS, OELPA, Alt OELPA)
Last Modified: 9/13/2023 12:22:29 PM