Ohio Diagnostic Assessments
The required grades to be administered a diagnostic assessment are:
- Reading: kindergarten, first, second and third
On this page are the diagnostic formats:
- Screener: measures beginning year skills
- Full Measure: measures end-of-year skills
- The grade kindergarten, first and second story books must be printed back to back to form a story book.
- On the Student Score Sheet, students who score in the category of "further assessment may be needed" are considered "on track". However, it is strongly encouraged to provide interventions to these students.
- Districts have the option of using the state-developed diagnostic below or a vendor assessment on the Department’s approved list of diagnostic assessments to meet the state reading diagnostic assessment requirement.
- School districts are not required to administer the mathematics or writing diagnostics in grades one and two or the writing diagnostic in grade three, but may do so at the discretion of the district board. The state-developed diagnostic assessments below will remain available for use.
Last Modified: 8/18/2021 2:23:52 PM