2021 Fall Grade 3 English Language Arts Test Administration
New! 2021 Fall Grade 3 English Language Arts Test Administration
Districts and schools will schedule their five consecutive school-day test administration Oct. 18-Nov. 5. Make-up testing must be completed within the district’s or school’s five consecutive school-day window.
New! On-Time Order Window
The On-time Order window will be open in TIDE Aug. 17-23. District test coordinators will place orders under the “Paper Orders Grade 3 ELA Fall 2021” test administration in TIDE. All orders are subject to Department approval.
All districts wishing to place an on-time paper order and/or receive printed Pre-ID labels must do the following in TIDE under the “Paper Orders Grade 3 ELA Fall 2021” administration by Aug. 23:
- Confirm contact information and shipping addresses under the Contact Info task. District test coordinators who wish to update their shipping addresses must contact the Ohio Help Desk at 1-877-231-7809 to request a change.
- Indicate pickup date for grade 3 test materials in the “Supplemental Information” task in TIDE. If you do not know your pickup date, leave the date blank, and click [SAVE]. You will then need to schedule your pickup following the instructions in Section 22.214.171.124 of the Supplemental Instructions for Paper Testing manual.
- Access the Search for Orders section.
- Districts with a Board Resolution must click [SAVE] in the Search Orders screen to receive one test booklet for each grade 3 student preidentified in TIDE as of August 23. The test booklet count shown on the “Board Resolution – Grade 3 ELA Test Booklets” are updated each night.
- Districts that are testing online will order one test booklet for each of their students with a paper accommodation on the “Accommodation – Grade 3 ELA Test Booklets” line, click [SAVE}, and enter a reason for the requested materials.
- Districts will also order one test booklet for each test administrator that is providing a read aloud accommodation to students testing on paper using the “Accommodation – Grade 3 ELA Test Booklets” line.
- Districts and schools whose students are using paper tests and who wish to receive printed Pre-ID labels must set the subject mode field to “P” and submit their Pre-ID data in TIDE by Aug. 23 and confirm contact information in the “Paper Orders Grade 3 ELA Fall 2021” administration.
New! Pre-ID Window
The Pre-ID window opens in TIDE under the Ohio State Tests 2021-2022 administration on Aug. 5. Districts and schools must Pre-ID their students who are participating in the fall 2021 test administration. Remember to use the Student Pre-ID File Layout for the 2021-2022 school year.
Districts and schools must ensure all participating students have the appropriate subject mode field set to “O” for online or “P” for paper. All students, regardless of test mode, must be preidentified no later than Nov. 5.
New! Score Report Labels
The window for districts to request a set of grade 3 ELA fall 2021 Ohio’s State Tests score report labels opens Aug. 17. To request labels, the district test coordinator must access the Score Report Label Requests task in the Ohio’s State Tests 2021-2022 administration in TIDE, select “Yes” and click [SAVE] no later than Nov. 5. All districts automatically receive printed Family Reports.