Updated resources for students and families on Ohio’s Testing Portal
The Department is committed to ensuring families are well informed about how to help their students succeed in school, including making assessment information available. The updated Students and Families pages on Ohio’s Testing Portal provide many new resources for families to support their students’ success. The pages have documents and videos to help families understand Ohio’s tests. Among those resources are a testing calendar, information about student score reports and a glossary of commonly used terms.
Families that want to become more involved in the assessment development process can learn how to do so on these webpages. They also can find information about the importance of having their students take practice tests to prepare for actual testing.
The Students and Families pages include resources for students in all stages of their education. These resources include information about the Early Learning Assessment and Kindergarten Readiness Assessment - Revised, the Third Grade Reading Guarantee, high school graduation requirements, and ACT and SAT preparation.
Families of students with disabilities and English learners will find resources for their specific needs as well. The pages include information about state test accessibility, an overview of the English language development process for students who are English learners and information about the Alternate Assessment for Students with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities (AASCD). Spanish speakers can access the pages in Spanish.
To find the Students and Families pages:
- Go to Ohio’s Assessment System website.
- Select which testing portal to access by clicking on one of the four boxes or cards representing each portal.
- Scroll down to find and select the “Students and Families” card. The Students and Families page also can be selected from the banners at the top and bottom of the page.
- From the Students and Families page, explore the many resources available.
- To access a Spanish version, go to the bottom of the selected Students and Families page and select Spanish for the language.
Email email@example.com with questions or comments.