Adult Diploma Program
The Adult Diploma Program provides job training and an alternate pathway for adults, ages 18 or older, to earn an industry-recognized credential aligned to one of Ohio’s in-demand jobs (after passing the WorkKeys, course requirements, and assessments) AND awarded a state-issued high school diploma.
What makes this program different from a traditional high school setting is the delivery of instruction to adults. Instead of measuring academic achievement through clock hours, seat time or credits earned, the focus is on a competency-based approach that provides a self-paced option. Once competencies have been learned, adults then demonstrate mastery of skill. Each eligible adult works with the provider to create a customized student success plan.
Adult Diploma Program Information
- Age: Open to adults 18+
- Diploma Type: State-issued High School Diploma awarded
- Availability: Available at approved educational institutions throughout the state.
- Testing: Students do not have to pass the OGT/Proficiency test; however, they are required to pass the ACT WorkKeys.
- Duration: Program duration depends on the length of the credential program.
- Requirements: No minimum number of High School credits required
- Best For... Best for adults seeking to enter in-demand job fields such as STNA, EMT, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy, CDL, IT support services.
Supplemental Adult Tester Windows
- Fall end-of-course: Oct. 23-Nov. 17, 2023
- Winter end-of-course: Feb. 5-March 1, 2024
In-Demand Adult Diploma Careers
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Construction Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Heating Ventilation Air-Conditioning (HVAC)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Office Technologies
- Production Assistant
- Public Safety
- State Tested Nurse Assistant (STNA)
Last Modified: 10/26/2023 11:09:03 AM