State-Funded ACT Tests
State law requires districts and community schools to administer the state-funded ACT or SAT to all grade 11 students in the spring of the school year. Each year, districts and schools will select the test to administer to their juniors.
*Beginning Spring 2025 for the Class of 2026, a parent or guardian can exercise the option for their student not to take the state-funded ACT or SAT as indicated in House Bill 82.
All LEAs should make sure they have a current email address in OEDS (OEDS.ContactUs@education.ohio.gov) and with the Ohio K-12 Help Desk (email@example.com).
Annual Survey for District Selection of College and Career Readiness Assessment (ACT or SAT) in Spring 2024
The annual survey for district selection of college and career readiness will be sent to superintendents on August 14, 2023.
There are 3 new pages to the ACT-SAT Selection for Spring 2024 survey.
- School Building and Address Confirmation: Review of the school building list for missing school buildings that serve 11th and/or 12th grade students.
- ACT-SAT District Test Coordinator(s): Verifying your Test Coordinator(s) name, email, and phone.
- ACT-SAT School Building Test Coordinator: Matching a Primary Test Coordinator for each school building.
The Survey runs from August 15, 2022 through September 15, 2023. JVSD and ESC schools do not participate in this survey; please see this notice
for more information.
To help districts make this important choice, view the overview or watch the following recorded presentations:
Spring 2024 ACT Test Dates
Districts choose test mode (paper or online) and then the start date. All of the subsequent dates for the particular mode chosen are available for testing.*
- February 27, 2024
- accommodated February 27-29, March 1 and March 4-8, 2024
- March 12, 2024
- accommodated March 12-15 and 18-22, 2024
- March 26, 2024
- accommodated March 26-29 and April 1-5, 2024
*See Ohio ACT State Testing webpage for rules/requirements. (To be updated by November 1, 2023)
- February 27-29, March 1, and March 4-8, 2024
- March 12-15 and March 18-22, 2024
- March 26-29 and April 1-5, 2024
Important Links 2024
- ACT Schedule of Events (Presently 2023 ‘events’ shown by link; link will change to 2024 ‘events’ by November 1, 2023)
- Resources for 2024 (Will post as it becomes available)
Please direct questions about ACT test administration to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 800-553-6244 Ext. 2800.
Please direct questions about graduation requirements to email@example.com
Last Modified: 8/30/2023 9:21:17 AM