CTE Program Review
Ohio legislation1 requires the Ohio Department of Education and the lead district of each secondary Career-Technical Planning District to conduct an annual review for each career-technical education program within the planning district.
The intent of the Career-Technical Education Program Review is to maximize the use of resources improving the quality of career-technical education programs. The Career-Technical Education Program Review is a four to five year process. The district conducts a self-review in the first two years for noncompliance areas as in the compliance system. In the third year, a district implements identified improvement strategies with the assistance of the Career-Technical Planning District and the Ohio Department of Education. The fourth and fifth years require additional onsite reviews by the Ohio Department of Education in collaboration with the Career-Technical Planning District if a career-technical education program is not in compliance with the targets established for the performance indicators. The performance indicators being the focal point of the program review process are the following:
- Technical Skill Attainment
- Technical Skill Attainment measures the proportion of students passing technical assessments. These assessments are designed to measure the skills and knowledge learned in a student’s career-technical education program.
- Technical Skill Assessment Participation Rate
- Technical Skill Assessment Participation Rate is the proportion of concentrators who left school in programs with available assessments who were assessed and reported with valid scores.
- Post-Program Placement
- Post-Program Placement measures the proportion of students who are employed, in an apprenticeship, join the military, or are enrolled in postsecondary education or advanced training in the six months after leaving school.
Launch Date of Compliance System: March 25, 2016
Completion Date of District Self-Review: September 30, 2016
If you have any questions, please contact Leah Amstutz (email@example.com), associate director, Office of Career-Technical Education, at (614) 644-5924.
FAQ for Annual Program Review for Career-Technical Education Programs
1 House Bill 59
Last Modified: 7/22/2016 11:30:35 AM