Academic Distress Commission
Districts are subject to an academic distress commission after receiving an overall grade of F on the Ohio School Report Cards for three consecutive years. Find more information in Ohio Revised Code 3302.10.
Districts with Academic Distress Commissions as of april, 2019
Received an Overall Grade of F on the Ohio School Report Cards for three consecutive years
Districts with an Overall Grade of F for two consecutive years
Districts that have received one Overall Grade of F
Academic Distress Commission Members as of March 5, 2019
How member appointments are made
- Appointments made within 30 days after the district is notified of the creation of the Academic Distress Commission.
- A total of Five members are appointed
- Three members appointed by State Superintendent (One appointee must be a county resident)
- State Superintendent designates the Chairperson from one of the three members appointed.
- One member appointed by the president of the local school board (Teacher employed by the district)
- One member appointed by the mayor
- Members of the commission serve at the pleasure of their appointing authority
Last Modified: 4/22/2019 10:27:49 AM