College Credit Plus for Home-School Families
Important Upcoming Dates
Feb. 3 - April 1 at 5:00 pm: Sign-up for a OH|ID Account
Feb. 3 - April 1 at 5:00 pm: Apply for funding
Before May 6: Funding award notifications sent
Great news for home-school families! Ohio’s College Credit Plus gives students in grades 7-12 the chance to earn high school and college credit simultaneously by taking courses at participating Ohio colleges or universities. All public colleges and certain private colleges in Ohio are participating.
Tuition is free if your home-school student takes classes at a public college. There may be modest fees for private college credit. Your family will be responsible for the cost of textbooks.
Ohio has never offered your home-school student a better start on a college education. A College Credit Plus student enjoys the opportunity to pursue more challenging classes and explore college interests sooner. Your child can earn anywhere from a few college credits to more than a year’s worth while still in high school. College Credit Plus can reduce your child’s time in college and greatly reduce your family’s higher education costs.
Steps for Home-School Students to Apply for College Credit Plus
The deadline is April 1 for homeschool students to apply for College Credit Plus funding next school year, so time is critical.
Step 1 - Learn More About College Credit Plus
Review frequently asked questions about College Credit Plus here.
- If you still have questions, contact the Ohio Department of Education toll-free at (877) 644-6338 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2 - apply to the college
- All public and participating private colleges in the state are listed at www.ohiohighered.org/ccp.
- Apply to the college or colleges of your choice. Once admitted to a college under College Credit Plus, the college will send your student an admission letter. Upload a copy of the admission letter to your College Credit Plus Funding Application. If your student gets an admission letter from more than one college, you must upload each college's admission letter. (See Step 3.)
- Upload a copy of your 2019-2020 Superintendent Letter Excusing your Student from Compulsory Attendance to your College Credit Plus Funding Application. (See Step 3.)
Step 3 - Submit your College Credit Plus Funding Application
STEP 4 - Receive your Award letter and register for college classes
- You will receive your funding award notification within your College Credit Plus Funding Application located in your OH|ID Account before May 6.
- Once you receive your award notification, you can have your child register for college courses.
Last Modified: 2/7/2020 11:22:09 AM