Reimbursement for WorkKeys Tests
WorkKeys is an industry-recognized, application-based assessment used to measure work readiness and can be used to satisfy components of Ohio’s graduation requirements. State law provides each student in Ohio the opportunity to take the WorkKeys test one time while in high school. The Ohio Department of Education will reimburse districts for each student to take all three parts of the test one time.
Important Dates for WorkKeys Reimbursement
Important WorkKeys Information
FY19 (2018-2019 school year)
If you submitted a WorkKeys reimbursement application for FY19 (2018-2019 school year) and have not yet received your reimbursement, please contact Noël Nethers for help. You can email Noël at email@example.com
. Reimbursements for FY19 will end on May 15, 2020.
FY20 (2019-2020 school year)
Please have all of your FY20 (2019-2020 school year) WorkKeys reimbursement applications uploaded by June 30, 2020. If you need assistance with your applications, please email Noël at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chartered Non-public Schools
Please contact Noël at email@example.com
for information about how to submit your WorkKeys reimbursement applications.
- You must register with the Department and WorkKeys to administer the WorkKeys assessment and receive reimbursement. You will receive a realm ID that is part of the state testing contract.
- Please do not use a realm ID for an adult education center. Tests administered with an adult education center realm ID are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Paper testing is for students with accommodations only. When sending paper tests for scoring, place a scoring order and select the Ohio Department of Education as your testing program.
- When registering students to take the test, please use the students’ SSIDs for their examinee/employee IDs on the registration. This is important for the reimbursement process.
- The Department reimburses districts for WorkKeys testing. Districts are responsible for payments to ACT/WorkKeys.
- The Department provides reimbursement for each student to take the three tests one time. Students may retest, but districts will not receive reimbursements for retests.
- Applications for reimbursement should be made by June 30 of the school year in which students tested.
- To begin the registration process for WorkKeys, contact: Noel.Nethers@education.ohio.gov (614) 728-2759
Resources for WorkKeys
Last Modified: 4/21/2020 8:02:51 AM