Open Enrollment allows a student to attend school tuition-free in a district other than the district where his or her parents reside.
Listing of 2015-2016 open enrollment policies at Ohio school districts
Open Enrollment Listing (Excel)
Open Enrollment Summary (PDF)
Every spring, each school district in Ohio may choose whether nor not to accept students through open enrollment for the next school year. The documents above list school districts by county, and whether or not they will accept applications for the 2015-2016 school year.
Steps for finding an open enrollment district
1. Access the open enrollment listing for Ohio school districts in either Excel or PDF format above.
2. Open the list and find your county and the corresponding districts in that county.
3. Follow the district name across to the right. In either column E, F or G, you will see an X indicating whether the district's board says:
No to open enrollment;
Yes - The district will accept applications from parents residing in adjacent school districts; or
Yes - The district will accept applications from parents residing in any Ohio school district.
4. If you are interested in a certain district, contact the district's enrollment office for more information. Open enrollment application periods generally begin each spring for the next fall’s enrollment. Each district selects their own specific application process, schedule and students in accordance with state law.
5. Parents are responsible for transportation from a residence outside a district to the open enrollment district. Talk with the enrollment office about any school transportation that the district may be able to offer in some cases.
Last Modified: 5/3/2016 2:04:37 PM