Career-Technical Education Assessment System
Secondary Career-Technical Education (CTE) programs have required career field pathway end-of-course tests. A few pathway programs are awaiting development of end-of-course tests and are therefore using tests based on individual modules. All tests are administered electronically through a web-based application. Paper tests are no longer an option. All CTE tests are developed and administered by The Ohio State University, CETE through a proprietary system called WebXam©.
2018-2019 Testing schedule
Note: April 24, 2020 is the last day to give field tests for Engineering and Science Technologies and Manufacturing Technologies courses.
- August 1, 2018: Student Bulk Upload Windo Opens
- August 13, 2018: Fall Pretesting Window Opens
- September 14, 2018: Fall Pretesting Window Closes
- October 1, 2018: Post-testing Window Opens, Field Testing Window Opens, and Teacher Effectiveness Window Opens
- October 11, 2018: WebXam Users Workshop
- January 2, 2019: Winter Pretesting Window Opens
- February 8, 2019: Winter Pretesting Window Closes
- April 5, 2019: Student Bulk Upload Window Closes
- April 26, 2019: Field Testing Window Closes and Teacher Effectiveness Window Closes
- May 31, 2019: Post-testing Window Closes
- June 14, 2019: Target for End-of-Year Reports Release
For further details on specific events, please see the WebXam Calendar
If you have general or technical testing issues, please contact WebXam Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Career-Technical Education PROGRAM AND Assessment Matrix
The CTE Assessment and Program Matrix is designed to help educators identify the tests that are required for their CTE pathway programs.
- 2018-2019 - Information Technology courses in field testing
- 2019-2020 - Engineering and Science Technologies and Manufacturing Technologies courses in field testing
- 2020-2021 - Construction Technologies courses in field testing
CTE PATHWAY END-OF-COURSE PRETEST
The use of pretests is recognized by the Ohio Department of Education as a method to help document student gain along with the observations and measurements conducted directly by the instructor and other local district staff. Note that only course-based pathways will have pretests, and that implementation will occur over several years as the test development process follows revision of Career Field Technical Content Standards and creation of course outlines.
Career-Technical education College credit plus Assessment
Starting in the 2018-2019 school year, students taking career-technical education courses through College Credit Plus (CCP) may use their course grade as evidence of technical skill attainment. An A or B in the CCP CTE course will equate to an Advanced score on the WebXam; A grade of C in the CCP CTE course will equate to a Proficient score on the WebXam. A course grade of D or F will equate to a Not Proficient score on the WebXam. Students who receive a D or F in the their CCP CTE course may take the WebXam if they choose to demonstrate proficiency in the course. If a student scores proficient on the WebXam, that score will be used in lieu of the CCP course grade. If a student takes the WebXam and receives a grade of C or higher in the CCP CTE course, the higher outcome will be used to calculate technical skill attainment passage for the pathway.
Career-Technical education Assessment system resources
Career-Technical education Assessments for Ohio's teacher evaluation system
Districts can use selected CTE pathway end-of-course pretests and posttests as Category B Ohio Department of Education-approved vendor assessments for determining teacher effectiveness ratings in Ohio's Teacher Evaluation System (OTES).
Reset webxam form
If in the course of administering a WebXam you encounter an exceptional incident, please download this form, fill in all of the required information and return it to request a test reset.
Last Modified: 5/9/2019 7:19:05 PM