Ohio’s State Tests Rules Book
Ohio’s State Tests Rules Book provides a reference for school officials responsible for statewide testing in a district or building. It also provides a general overview of Ohio's statewide testing program and shares specific information pertaining to testing at each grade level.
Rules Book changes made during the year will be posted on this page below the link for the Rules Book. Minor edits due to grammar, spelling, incorrect reference, etc. will not be noted. Click on the link below to access the current edition of the Rules Book in PDF format. To download AdobeReader 9.
Changes made to the Rules Book after the initial posting date are below. The page number and section title is listed for the change which may be new, revised or deleted text. In some cases, to provide context, the entire section is listed even though only a portion of the section has been updated. Please add these changes to your copy of the Rules Book.
Page 7: Assessment Schedule 2019-2020
- Test Column: AASCD Grades 3-10 needs updated to 3-12.
- Administration Column: AASCD Operational Test 2020 needs updated to Operational Field Test 2020.
- Date Column: AASCD April 10 window close date needs updated to March 27.
- Due to of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis, the spring and summer administrations of the 2020 Ohio State Tests have been canceled. This cancellation encompasses the grade 3 English language arts test and all high school end-of-course tests.
- Starting May 26, 2020, testing locations that are open may begin administering the online Ohio Graduation Tests (OGT). The OGT testing window for school year 2019-2020 will close July 31, 2020.
- The Department will continue to provide updates on state testing as they become available.
Last Modified: 5/19/2020 8:44:35 PM