High Quality Professional Development (HQPD) for Gifted Service in General Education Settings
The Operating Standards for Identifying and Serving Students Who are Gifted require general education teachers who are designated providers of gifted education services to receive high-quality professional development in gifted education. These teachers also receive ongoing support from an educator with gifted licensure or endorsement.
Gifted Education Professional Development Resources
- Revised Resources Coming Soon!
Guidelines for Establishing Successful Professional Development Systems
Effective professional development that increases educator effectiveness and student learning:
- Occurs within a collaborative culture in which all share collective responsibility for continuous improvement;
- Is advanced by leaders who prioritize professional learning and develop the capacity and structures to support it;
- Is supported by resources;
- Is data-based, and uses data for planning, assessment and evaluation;
- Represents best-practice models and theories of adult learning and active engagement;
- Is research-based, using what is known about change to sustain implementation; and
- Focuses on specific goals and aligns outcomes with existing educator and student standards.
To learn more about evaluating and providing opportunities for high quality professional development, please visit the Ohio Department of Education's Ohio Standards for Professional Development
Last Modified: 8/28/2018 11:32:53 AM