Educators Rising Ohio
See the Top 5 Winners in Each Event from the
2018 State Conference here
Educators Rising (EdRising) Ohio is a dynamic non-profit organization for middle and high schools students interested in education-related careers. Educators Rising Ohio began as the Future Educators Association (FEA) Ohio in 1991, before rebranding as the current organization in 2015. FEA Ohio was established by the Ohio Department of Education, in collaboration with both Phi Delta Kappa International and the national Future Educators Association®.
Today, Educators Rising Ohio currently serves over 1,000 students across the state and is a state affiliate of the national Educators Rising organization. Educators Rising is the only federally-recognized Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) focused on the field of education and has over 14,000 members and counting. Furthermore, as the co-curricular component of state-recognized Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs of study, Educators Rising Ohio enhances the classroom experience for students.
About Educators Rising Ohio
Mission Statement of Educators Rising Ohio:
Educators Rising Ohio provides the foundation upon which Ohio students can develop the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue careers in education.
What Educators Rising Ohio Chapters Do
- For students . . . Educators Rising Ohio helps them to explore teaching as a career option, provides them with a realistic understanding of teaching, and encourages students from diverse backgrounds to think seriously about the teaching profession.
- For teachers . . . Educators Rising Ohio offers them a chance to shape our nation's future by shaping the future of the education profession. It also gives teachers opportunities to examine, clarify, and explain their role in students' lives.
- For schools . . . Educators Rising Ohio is a service opportunity that elevates the role of teachers and offers new avenues of communication about education and its place in the community.
- For communities . . . Educators Rising Ohio provides a chance for communities to "grow their own" future teachers and raises the status of the education profession in the eyes of their citizens.
- For colleges . . . Educators Rising Ohio expands the pool of applicants to teacher education programs and provides early identification of potentially excellent future teachers.
- For the education profession . . . Educators Rising Ohio extends the vision of the profession by enlarging the talent pool. It creates a positive image of teaching for students, parents, and other citizens, and it encourages the influx of new ideas and diverse points of view.
Educators Rising Ohio Membership
Membership with Educators Rising Ohio
is open to all middle and high school students. It is recommended that students join an affiliated chapter at their district or school.
Teacher Leaders are encouraged to register their chapter with the national Educators Rising organization. Currently, there are no additional fees for national registration. In order to participate in the State Conference, chapters must be registered with Educators Rising Ohio. For more information on registration with national Educators Rising, visit the website.
Member benefits include:
- Regular updates to Teacher Leaders
- Reduced Educators Rising Ohio Conference registration fees
- Student participation in state level competitions
- Potential to represent Educators Rising Ohio at national competitions
- Ability to send chapter delegates to the Delegate Assembly at the state conference
- Students can run for election to an Educators Rising Ohio officer position
- Access to the new Educators Rising Virtual Campus
- Ongoing support and mentorship as students enter the teaching profession
Last Modified: 4/16/2018 11:03:55 AM