Educators Rising Ohio
2017-2018 State Officers
From left to right: Madison Scheiner, Jessica Merrick (outgoing), Makencie Wilson, Haylee Perry (outgoing), Keiara Hansberry, Courtney Bash (outgoing), Dennis Sanders III, Jordyn Kuemerle (outgoing), Amanda Willis (outgoing, not pictured)
Educators Rising (EdRising) Ohio is a dynamic non-profit organization for middle and high schools students interested in education-related careers. Educators Rising Ohio began as the Future Educators Association (FEA) Ohio in 1991, before rebranding as the current organization in 2015. FEA Ohio was established by the Ohio Department of Education, in collaboration with both Phi Delta Kappa International and the national Future Educators Association®.
Today, Educators Rising Ohio currently serves over 1,000 students across the state and is a state affiliate of the national Educators Rising organization. Educators Rising is the only federally-recognized Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) focused on the field of education and has over 14,000 members and counting. Furthermore, as the co-curricular component of state-recognized Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs of study, Educators Rising Ohio enhances the classroom experience for students.
About Educators Rising Ohio
Mission Statement of Educators Rising Ohio:
Educators Rising Ohio provides the foundation upon which Ohio students can develop the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue careers in education.
Educators Rising Ohio works with Teacher Leaders and the officers of local chapters to:
- Recruit members (rising educators)
- Plan projects and state-wide activities
- Share trend and program information
- Create and maintain a state-wide communications network for all local chapters
Educators Rising Ohio Membership
Membership with Educators Rising Ohio is open to all middle and high school students. It is recommended that students join an affiliated chapter at their district or school.
Teacher Leaders are encouraged to register their chapter with the national Educators Rising organization. Currently, there are no additional fees for national registration. In order to participate in the State Conference, chapters must be registered with Educators Rising Ohio. For more information on registration with national Educators Rising, visit the website.
Member benefits include:
- Regular updates to Teacher Leaders
- Reduced Educators Rising Ohio Conference registration fees
- Student participation in state level competitions
- Potential to represent Educators Rising Ohio at national competitions
- Ability to send chapter delegates to the Delegate Assembly at the state conference
- Students can run for election to an Educators Rising Ohio officer position
- Access to the new Educators Rising Virtual Campus
- Ongoing support and mentorship as students enter the teaching profession
Ohio Awards from the 2017 Educators Rising National Conference
to see awards granted to Ohio chapters and students at the 2017 Educators Rising National Conference.
Last Modified: 8/3/2017 10:50:13 AM