Step Up To Quality (SUTQ)
Step Up To Quality is a five–star quality rating and improvement system administered by the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. SUTQ recognizes and promotes learning and development programs that meet quality program standards that exceed Preschool Licensing and School Age Child Care Licensing health and safety regulations. The program standards are based on national research identifying standards which lead to improved outcomes for children.
All Early Childhood Education (ECE) and Preschool Special Education (PSE) programs funded by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) are mandated to participate in Step Up To Quality (SUTQ) and are required to achieve a rating of 3, 4, or 5 to maintain state funding, as well as administer and report on the Early Learning Assessment for all ECE and PSE funded children. The invitation to participate in SUTQ has now been made to all eligible publically funded programs in Ohio.
In addition to ECE and PSE programs, ODE licensed programs that receive Publicly Funded Child Care (PFCC) funds from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) will be required to participate in SUTQ by July 1, 2020.
The New Ohio Child Licensing and Quality System is here!
ALL preschool and school-age child care licensing and Step Up To Quality functions will be done in the Ohio Child Licensing and Quality System (OCLQS).
In OCLQS, programs will use the system for a variety of tasks, including the following:
- Applying for a program license;
- Requesting change of capacity;
- Adding or deleting a room or space;
- Providing a change of location;
- Updating program example schedules;
- Sending Corrective Action Plans;
- Registering for Step Up To Quality (SUTQ);
- Submitting SUTQ annual reports;
- Reviewing SUTQ and licensing inspection reports;
- Uploading documentation;
Step Up To Quality Professional Development
- First, you must create or have a valid SAFE account.
- Then, you must have a correct OEDS role set up. The OED-R Administrator or Superintendent must set up roles for those in your program who will be working in OCLQS. Click here for instructions on setting roles in OEDs for your program to use in OCLQS.
- Finally, click here to log In to OCLQS
- Use Job Aids to assist once logged into OCLQS.
Step Up To Quality Resources
Learn more about Step Up To Quality:
Last Modified: 2/24/2017 3:58:43 PM