The Ohio Social Studies Signal Newsletter provides timely information to social studies educators regarding important news from ODE, professional development opportunities and classroom resources.
Sign up to receive the Ohio Social Studies Signal newsletter.
- Revised Model Curriculum update
- Extended standards for social studies
- National Veterans Memorial and Museum welcomes school groups and offers summer internships
- Ohio Attorney General recruiting 2019-2020 Teen Ambassador Board
- The Ohio Center for Law-Related Education’s Law & Citizenship Conference offers opportunities to enhance citizenship education.
- Ohio Council for the Social Studies accepting presentation proposals
- Ohio YMCA Youth & Government program is gearing up for its 69th high school program year
- Facing History and Ourselves offers professional development opportunities
- Economics for Leaders workshop offered by Case Western Reserve University
- Barker Center offers summers programs for teachers and students
- Ohio as America Professional Development Institute to be held this summer
- May 4, 1970 Then & Now: Voices for Change workshop offered at Kent State University this summer
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Short-Term Program for U.S. Teachers
- 9/11 Memorial Museum Anniversary in the Schools Webinar
- Jewish Partisan Foundation launches e-courses
- Upcoming National Archives webinars
- Center for Civic Education provides free online course for teachers on the American Constitution
- National Geographic Society offers online courses for teachers
- Teaching with Primary Sources Level I and Level II Course – Online
- Facing History and Ourselves offers summer seminar on the Reconstruction Era
- Additional updated summer professional development opportunities are offered