Career Technical Education Vision and Mission
Every Ohio secondary career tech program graduate is prepared for successful employment and ongoing education, and every Ohio business has the workforce it needs to prosper.
Provide leadership and support for the successful delivery of quality career-technical education in an effort to drive quality workforce development in Ohio.
Our Signature Areas
The Office of Career-Technical Education has identified four signature areas that recognizes the state’s highest workforce development needs and aligns the efforts of the Office with these needs.
- Integrate Career Connections through K-12
- Engage students in using the OhioMeansJobs website
- Encourage student success plans for all students
- Increase career-technical student enrollment
- Promote Career Pathways aligned to postsecondary education and in demand occupations
- Assure integration of high-level academic and technical knowledge and skills
- Increase the number of students obtaining credentials, certificates and licenses
- Prepare students for multiple options after high school: gainful employment and/or postsecondary study
- Collaborate with Ohio businesses to ensure they have the workforce needed to succeed
- Design accountability systems so students have access to quality programs
- Provide teachers with the professional development they need to meet high academic, technical and pedagogical standards
- Reduce barriers in credentialing career tech teachers through the alternative licensure program
Last Modified: 4/22/2022 4:31:35 PM