Key Activities and Advisory Groups
Several key activities are occurring to inform the development of Ohio’s Plan to Improve Learning Experiences and Outcomes for Students with Disabilities.
Key activities will be posted below as they become available.
- Equity in Education Research Series: Ohio’s Students with Disabilities – Data Story
- National Best Practices Review of Literature and Planning Guides
- Identify and Document Ohio's Promising Practices
External Advisory Groups
- State Advisory Panel for Exceptional Children (SAPEC)
Steering Committee and Internal Staff Committee Members
The role of the Steering Committee is to provide oversight of the plan development and guide the process. This role requires members to attend monthly meetings through December 2019.
Ohio Department of Education Staff Committee
The Department's internal staff committee provides day-to-day oversight of the plan development process.
Offices Representing the Internal Department Committee:
- Exceptional Children
- Early Learning and School Readiness
- Innovation and Improvement
- Integrated Student Supports
- Teacher Effectiveness
- Approaches to Teaching and Professional Learning
- Career and Technical Education
- Learning and Instructional Strategies
- Research, Evaluation and Advanced Analytics
- Nonpublic Educational Options
- Data Quality and Governance
The goal of the Department's internal staff committee is to ensure cross-agency collaboration and coherence.
Last Modified: 10/15/2019 11:23:26 AM