Value-Added Roster Verification
Teachers can review and refine their class rosters during roster verification to ensure that their classroom time is linked to the correct students, for the correct subjects and the proper amount of time. The system allows for complex situations, such as when multiple teachers must claim instructional time for an individual student.
Many Ohio teachers receive a value-added report each fall that provides important data from the previous school year that schools use in educator evaluations and in instructional decision making. Superintendents, principals and teachers get ready in the spring for the next school year’s value-added reports through the important process known as roster verification.
How to Get Ready for 2024 Roster Verification:
Mark district calendars for important dates
Learn who will link this year
Teachers who should participate in roster verification are those who teach students who are taking the following state tests during the 2023-2024 school year:
- Elementary and Middle School Tests: Grades 4-8 – Math and English Language Arts; Grades 5 and 8 Science.
- End-of-Course Tests for High School Credit: Algebra I, Geometry, Integrated Mathematics I and II, English Language Arts II, American Government, American History and Biology.
administrators - please take leadership roles
- Superintendents – Leadership of traditional districts; joint vocational, career-technical and community schools; as well as educational service centers are to confirm their participation online. They will each receive an email message with a link to an authorization form.
- Principals – Principals will serve as the key lead for their buildings and assist teachers in accurately depicting their instructional time and relationships.
- Lead administrators – These staff members will need access to all teachers’ rosters within the district so they can help superintendents monitor districtwide completion.
- Educational service centers – A service center administrator needs to oversee roster verification for service center classes composed of students from multiple districts. When classes are completely composed of students from one district, that district will handle roster verification.
Share Resources and Support
Support and resources are available at: www.ohio-k12.help/rosterv
Watch your inbox for updates
Reminders and other details will appear in the EdConnection newsletter, as well as in email messages to superintendents, principals and teachers.
Direct any questions to:
Last Modified: 1/26/2024 1:43:34 PM