How to Apply for a Cleveland Scholarship
The application process is an online application, only accessible through participating providers. The provider must be registered to participate in the Cleveland Scholarship Program. The private school will submit the scholarship application for your child through the secure online scholarship application system.
The Department will mail notifications regarding all scholarship decisions.
STEP 1: Review Eligibility Criteria
Families that are interested in the Cleveland Scholarship program can review eligibility criteria on the 2023-2024 Cleveland Scholarship Fact Sheet . If any eligibility criteria apply to your student, the next step would be to find a school or provider.
STEP 2: Find a School/Provider
- Click on participating private school, also known as a "provider," to find a school in your area.
- Follow the instructions on the Dashboard to select the Cleveland Scholarship.
- All of the participating private schools/providers that are registered to participate in the Cleveland Scholarship Program should now be showing.
- To get the phone number and address of a specific private school, click the blue "proceed" button to the far right.
Step 3: Income Verification
The Department uses an online Scholarship Income Verification System. The system is available for families to enter and submit their income information electronically to the Scholarship office for verification. Parents are able to enter household member information, income information and upload supporting income documents directly into the online system.
How to Renew
Students who are currently receiving a Cleveland scholarship can renew the scholarship as long as they meet the following requirements:
- They take all required state assessment tests for his/her grade level.
- They do not move out of the Cleveland Municipal school district.
Parents of renewal students who meet these requirements must complete the Cleveland Scholarship Renewal Form and submit it, along with a copy of a current utility bill, to the private school/provider that their child will attend for the upcoming school year.
- If your child will attend a different private school next year, complete the admissions process at the new private school. Once your child is accepted, provide the new school with the Scholarship Renewal Form and proof of current address.
- The private school will submit a renewal application for your child through the online Cleveland Scholarship application system.
- If your child is in grades K-8: If you meet the income requirements for your household size and you want to have your income verified, complete the income verification process. Income verification is not required to apply for the Cleveland Scholarship.
- The Department will mail notifications regarding all scholarship decisions.
Last Modified: 9/26/2023 10:48:15 AM