New public comment opportunity for changes to EMIS guidelines
Ohio law allows EMIS users to review and provide public comment on new or updated EMIS guidelines. The Department recently posted a public comment opportunity for the following EMIS guidelines:
- 24-5 Adds options for the Type of Accommodation element
- 24-13 Adds guidance for reporting dyslexia screening data
- 24-19 Makes corrections to student group attributes
- 24-67 Adds guidance for reporting reading diagnostic data
- 24-89 Clarifies follow-up apprenticeship language
The deadline to submit comments is June 13. Complete details about the changes are available on the Fiscal Year 2024 EMIS Changes website. EMIS guidelines that are subject to change are posted on the Department’s website for 30 days for public comment and for an additional 30 days with the Department's response to comments. Finally, the public can review the changes for 30 more days before they are final. Send comments on proposed changes to EMISPublicComments@education.ohio.gov.