Assessments in Technology
On the Ohio Department of Education website, the terms testing and assessment are used in specific ways. Testing refers to Ohio's State Tests. Assessment refers to the many formative and summative assessments teachers and districts use to monitor student progress at the local level.
Testing - Ohio’s State Tests
Technology courses do not have Ohio State Tests.
Below, are resources concerning the technology used for the Ohio State Tests.
- Ohio's State Tests Portal - This portal provides practice tests and tutorials on the technology tools used in Ohio's State Tests.
- INFOhio IWonder - This website provides students opportunities to practice basic technology skills.
- Helps educators and parents monitor students’ school progress
- Shows where students may need additional help or practice
- Allows teachers to adjust their instruction to meet students’ needs
Assessment - Formative and Summative Assessments
We can define assessments as formative
, depending on their purposes.
- Formative classroom assessments are strategies teachers use throughout the year to identify where students may need additional help or practice or when they are ready to move ahead in their learning. Rather than relying only upon traditional tests, teachers can use dozens of formative instructional practices to assess student progress. Then, they can adjust their teaching to meet students' needs.
- Summative classroom assessments evaluate student learning near the end of an instructional unit by comparing it against a standard.
Last Modified: 5/1/2023 1:24:40 PM