Educators Rising, a program of PDK International, is a national membership organization for aspiring teachers and their mentors. Launched in 2015 as a reimagining of the existing Future Educators Association (FEA) and with the support of the PDK Educational Foundation and the National Education Association (NEA), Educators Rising provides young people hands-on teaching experience, sparks and sustains their interest in the profession, and assists in cultivating the skills needed for success in education professions.
As the state affiliate, Educators Rising Ohio serves students and their teacher leaders (mentors) across the state as a Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) focused exclusively on the field of education.
Mission Statement of Educators Rising Ohio:
Educators Rising Ohio is cultivating a new generation of highly skilled educators by guiding young people on a path from high school into college preparation programs. By working with aspiring educators who reflect the demographics of their communities and who are passionate about serving those communities through public education, Educators Rising Ohio is changing the face of teaching.
- Embrace the calling of teaching as a profession
- Learn technique and get clinical experience as an accomplished teacher even before college
- Get recognized as a student leader and an advocate for education
- Engage in collaboration and comradery with fellow aspiring educators
- Enhance your existing gold-standard community-based pathway for future teachers who reflect the diversity of your community
- Connect with like-minded educators across Ohio and the country
- Tap into Educators Rising Ohio events as co-curricular resources for your pathway programs
- Schools . . . Educators Rising Ohio is a service opportunity that elevates the role of teachers and offers new avenues of communication about education and its place in the community.
- The Education Profession . . . Students who join Educators Rising Ohio extend the vision of pathway programs by enlarging the teacher talent pool. This creates a positive image of teaching for students, parents, and other citizens, and it encourages the influx of new ideas and diverse points of view.
Educators Rising Ohio Membership
Student membership fees include state and national dues. In order to participate in the state and national conferences, students must be registered as “active” members before the annual deadline of February 1st
. Teacher Leaders are not required to pay membership fees. Use the national Educators Rising website to complete your membership application
Last Modified: 7/11/2023 8:23:55 AM