Event and Training Resources
Career Connections Summer Learning Series and Conference
Join the Ohio Department of Education on Wednesday, July 13 for the Career Connections Summer Learning series. You will have the opportunity to hear from four team members from the Office of Graduate Success as they discuss Business Advisory Councils, graduation planning, and more! These virtual meetups provide an opportunity for educators and educational leaders to network, collaborate, gather and share ideas about the Career Connections work happening throughout the state. Register here!
virtual Session Information:
- 9:00 - 9:55 am: Business Advisory Councils
- 10:00 - 10:55 am: Graduation Planning
- 11:30 am - 12:25 pm: High Schools That Work
- 12:30 - 1:25 pm: Career Advising Toolkit
Following this series, join us at the annual Career Connections Conference on Wednesday, July 27 at the Hilton Columbus-Easton. Register here!
The Career Connections conference is an opportunity for educators to network and share ideas about Career Connections work happening throughout the state. During this event, presentations focus on career advising with OhioMeansJobs or other systems, business advisory councils, student success plans and developing career pathways. Participants will have the opportunity to hear from education experts in the field and will leave with innovative ideas and resources for kicking off the school year.
We hope you can join us for our virtual and in person Career Connections events! Please contact CareerConnections@education.ohio.gov with any questions.
Career Readiness Leaders Network - Virtual Meet-ups
The Ohio Department of Education Career Connections team will be facilitating virtual meet-ups in partnership with Educational Service Center and Business Advisory Council leaders.
These meet-ups are for individuals or teams who are leading career readiness efforts in local areas to discuss and share best practices around engaging students in career-connected education. Please consider offering feedback on these sessions!
2021 & 2022 Meet-ups
- May 10, 2022 @ 2:30 p.m. - Career Planning Focus: Using Pre-Apprenticeships as Experiential Learning
- April 12, 2022 @ 2:30 p.m. - Career Planning Focus: Transforming Career Readiness: Building New Pathways to Graduation
- March 8, 2022 @ 2:30 p.m. - Career Planning Focus
- February 8, 2022 @ 2:30 p.m. - Career Exploration: Implementing Middle School Career Exploration Courses
- January 11, 2022 @ 2:30 p.m. - Career Exploration: Connecting with Middle School Parents and Families
- December 14, 2021 @2:30 p.m. - Career Exploration: Getting Creative with Options for Middle School Students
- November 9, 2021 @ 2:30 p.m. - Career Awareness: Social-Emotional Learning as a Foundation for Career Readiness in the Early Grades
- October 12, 2021 @ 2:30 p.m. - Career Awareness: A Focus on Basic Awareness Activities for Early Grades and Beginners
- September 14, 2021 @ 2:30 p.m. - Career Connections Framework Overview
Graduation Requirements Office Hours
The Office of Graduate Success is dedicated to help answer questions and provide guidance around Ohio's graduation requirements. Office hours will take place biweekly from October- May on Wednesdays, with our first session starting Wednesday, October 6th from 3:30-4:30pm.
Archived Events: Information and Recordings
Last Modified: 5/10/2022 10:22:00 AM