Kindergarten Readiness Assessment for Administrators
The KReady system is currently experiencing technical issues with generating reports. We are working to resolve the problems as quickly as possible. The KRA Completion By Item Report and the Language and Literacy Report are working correctly. The KRA Percentage Completion Report is not working. We will continue to post updates here.
At the beginning of each school year, children in public school kindergarten programs are assessed using Ohio’s Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Revised (KRA-R). The KRA-R is aligned to Ohio's Early Learning and Development Standards
and is one measure of a child’s readiness for engaging with kindergarten standards based instruction.
Assessment Data Manager Role
A data manager is the individual who has access to teacher and student demographic information. It is this person’s responsibility for adding teachers, students, and enrollment data to the Ready for Kindergarten Online system. You have to be registered in the Ready for Kindergarten Online system as a data manager in order to enter or access any data.
To get access, an individual must be selected by the school or district to serve in this capacity. Each participating school or district must assign an Assessment Data Manager-Preschool and Kindergarten in the Ohio Educational Directory System (OEDS). Here are directions:
If a data manager has the role in OEDS but the KReady data manager account has not been created, please contact the KRA Help Desk.
The administration window for the Kindergarten Reading Assessment Revised is not earlier than the first day of July of the school year and not later than the twentieth day of instruction of that school year.
The Ready for Kindergarten Online (KReady) system will open on July 1 and remain open through November 1, 2023 to accommodate differences in district schedules. November 1st is the deadline for teachers to enter data in the Ready for Kindergarten Online (KReady) system. After the KReady system closes on November 1 at 11:59 p.m., data managers will have until November 9th at 11:59 p.m. to clean up transfer requests.
Results are available in the KReady system to users with teacher, data manager, and administrator accounts.
- KRA raw data is immediately available to teachers as they administer the items, and we recommend teachers use that as baseline data to inform kindergarten instruction based on the needs of the students.
- The Language and Literacy Scale Score reports are available to data managers and administrators before Nov. 1.
- Scale Score reports are available to data managers and administrators after the window closes. The system takes about a week to generate all of the scores and go through testing before making the reports available to school districts. The scale score report will not be available during the administration window.
- The Individual Student Reports (ISRs) are available on demand to teachers for students who have 100% item completion.
DATA MANAGER TRAINING
KRA and ELA Data Manager Training
August 1 Recording
This is a recording of the August 1 training for new and returning data managers that will prepare you to upload teacher, student, and enrollment data in the Ready for Kindergarten Online (KReady) system so teachers can participate in professional development and administer the KRA and/or ELA.
It covers these topics:
- Information about the KRA and ELA, including the technology system used to support it
- What KRA and ELA implementation looks like for this upcoming school year, including any new updates
- How to upload teacher, student, and enrollment data through multiple methods
- How to handle student transfers within the KReady system
- Ways to access KRA and ELA district level reports
- Resources and supports available to you in this role
Archived webinars for Data Managers are available here.
KRA-R Teacher Training - Only kindergarten teachers who have not yet been trained need to successfully complete the training on the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Revised administration, score reporting, and use of the assessment data. To participate in the training, a teacher have an account in the Ready for Kindergarten Online system (also called KReady) and must complete required online modules prior to the scheduled training. Additional details are available on the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment for Teachers page.
KReady System Support:
For help with the KRA technology, you can go to https://www.ohio-k12.help/kready-support/ to submit a help desk ticket or call 844-K12-OHIO (844-512-6446) to get help setting up a help desk ticket.
Last Modified: 9/18/2023 10:21:42 AM